Stone Plow Operator
The Snowplow operator is responsible for the safe and productive operation of trucks, skid steers, loaders and/or RTV’s with mounted snow plows or pushers for the purpose of controlling snow and ice accumulations on job sites. Snowplow operators are expected to be available 24hrs/day, 7 days/week at any time a snow or ice event occurs on their sites. Snowplow operators are also responsible for excellent record keeping of their work including accurate times, dates, equipment inspections, site/service logs, and weather reporting.
- Customer and quality focus.
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Team work
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Responsibility and dependability
- Ethics and integrity
- Respond promptly to calls for snow and ice events.
- Prepare and show up for shifts free from the influence of any drugs, alcohol, or medicines that have an effect on safe and productive equipment operation.
- Conduct pre-shift inspections and maintenance on all vehicles and equipment.
- Clear snow from customer sites from designated areas (marked on site maps).
- Pile snow in designated and approved locations only.
- Operate vehicles and snowplow equipment in a safe, responsible and efficient manner following all recommended operating procedures.
- Control ice accumulations at job sites with the safe and responsible use of de-icing agents (salt, treated salt, liquids or other de-icing chemicals).
- Hand-shovel or hand-treat site areas as required (walkways, doorways, fire equipment, etc.)
- Be available for communication at all times during a shift and before/after shifts.
- Accurately document site service records for each and every site including times, services performed, weather conditions etc.
- Submit paperwork and documentation promptly at the end of each shift
Document and report any obstacles at site(s).
- Perform basic maintenance and small repairs on vehicles and equipment as required
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment at all times.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
Work in accordance with all local health and safety laws and regulations.
- Completion of high school
Valid drivers’ license and/or equipment operators certificate(s).
- Safe driving record – able to submit a driver’s abstract (infractions history) upon request.
- Minimum 2 years of experience operating snowplows and/or snowplow equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret maps.
- Documentation knowledge of: driver logbook; pre-trip and post-trip inspections; maintenance and repair reports; and trip reports.
- Physically fit with strong stamina.
- Ability to follow safe working procedures
Excellent observation skills and a strong attention to detail.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
Effective communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision, and as part of a team.
- Speak, read, and write English.
- Carry and use a smart phone or data-enabled device for communication and reporting.
- Various locations including both residential and commercial sites.
- Extremely flexible working hours, including nights, weekend, and holiday work
Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. repeatedly.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Work safely near heavy equipment and other vehicles on a regular basis.
- Work outdoors in various conditions including extreme cold, rain, dust, noise, and wet conditions.